- Every Thursday
- Time: 6:30pm – 9:00pm
Celebrate Recovery will be taking a break starting April 11 and will begin again on June 13.
Join us Thursdays at 6:30 p.m. in the Family Life Center.
Celebrate Recovery is a place to find freedom from your hurts, habits, and hang-ups. Based on Matthew's teaching in the Beatitudes (Matthew 5:1-12), Celebrate Recovery leads people through a 12-step recovery process.
Celebrate Recovery's Eight Recovery Principles
- Realize I'm not God; I admit that I am powerless to control my tendency to do the wrong thing and that my life is unmanageable. (Step 1)
- Earnestly believe that God exists, that I matter to Him and that He has the power to help me recover. (Step 2)
- Consciously choose to commit all my life and will to Christ's care and control. (Step 3)
- Openly examine and confess my faults to myself, to God, and to someone I trust. (Steps 4 and 5)
- Voluntarily submit to any and all changes God wants to make in my life and humbly ask Him to remove my character defects. (Steps 6 and 7)
- Evaluate all my relationships. Offer forgiveness to those who have hurt me and make amends for harm I've done to others when possible, except when to do so would harm them or others. (Steps 8 and 9)
- Reserve a time with God for self-examination, Bible reading, and prayer in order to know God and His will for my life and to gain the power to follow His will. (Steps 10 and 11)
- Yield myself to God to be used to bring this Good News to others, both by my example and my words. (Step 12)