Lives are changing! Over 700,000 people have gone through the Celebrate Recovery program in more than 17,000 churches worldwide. Join us for this program here at Covina Assembly!
Celebrate Recovery is a free program designed to help those struggling with hurts, hang-ups, and habits by showing them the loving power of Jesus Christ through the recovery process. Based on Matthew's teaching in the Beatitudes (Matthew 5:1-12), Celebrate Recovery leads people through a 12-step recovery process.
Celebrate Recovery is held every Thursday evening at 6:30 p.m. in the Family Life Center.
Celebrate Recovery's Eight Recovery Principles
- Realize I'm not God; I admit that I am powerless to control my tendency to do the wrong thing and that my life is unmanageable. (Step 1)
- Earnestly believe that God exists, that I matter to Him and that He has the power to help me recover. (Step 2)
- Consciously choose to commit all my life and will to Christ's care and control. (Step 3)
- Openly examine and confess my faults to myself, to God, and to someone I trust. (Steps 4 and 5)
- Voluntarily submit to any and all changes God wants to make in my life and humbly ask Him to remove my character defects. (Steps 6 and 7)
- Evaluate all my relationships. Offer forgiveness to those who have hurt me and make amends for harm I've done to others when possible, except when to do so would harm them or others. (Steps 8 and 9)
- Reserve a time with God for self-examination, Bible reading, and prayer in order to know God and His will for my life and to gain the power to follow His will. (Steps 10 and 11)
- Yield myself to God to be used to bring this Good News to others, both by my example and my words. (Step 12)